Saturday, January 12, 2013

DIY Light Box

I got tired of my shitty flies looking even shittier than they really are so I built a quick and dirty(and free) light box a while back. I'm not a photographer, and I don't own nice equipment, but I do like to photograph my flies and preferably have them appear as though someone with more skill than I tied them. Lighting makes a big difference. Here's a before:
And after:
As you can see, lighting makes all the difference. Grab some wood scraps, landscape cloth(or a sheet, large doily, old wedding dress, etc, etc), and some staples and make a box with it. Put some lights in, on, and around it. That's about all there is to it. Well....sort of. That's all there is to this one.

3 comments:

  1. Dang. Ya wanna do some jewelry photography?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need the shit outta one uh these but have been puttin it off for errr 3 years. So you used landscaping cloth huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. Its not ideal but it does work and we had a bunch of it. I wrapped the outside and inside of the frame because it's so thin and transparent. It works!

    ReplyDelete