Tuesday, December 18, 2012

musky school

I was very lucky to be able to go to a day long workshop with Brad Bohen(Afton Angler) of Musky Country Outfitters in Knoxville, hosted by 3 Rivers Angler. It's the first time I've actually been instructed on how to tie a fly. Actually, that's not true. Kyle taught me how to tie wiggle minnows a few weeks ago. So, it was the first time a sober person instructed me on how to tie a fly. His patterns are pretty simple, and all utilize the same process, and mostly the same materials(which are sickeningly awesome). He literally dumped garbage bags of Primo Tail, and foot long, or was it 18", or maybe 2 feet....anyway, very, very long, beautiful hackle feathers onto the floor and table. We all dove in(literally) and started wrapping thread on hooks. I don't usually tie with pink, which is the most likely reason I was drawn to it first. The pink one is a 'hangtime', the orange/redhorse/cree is a 'hangtime optic minnow', and the green bushy one is a 'buford'.

No comments:

Post a Comment